CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Seeing Double


Okay, let’s face it. We’ve all had nightmares of showing up to a place only to find that some other girl in the room as your same exact outfit (with the only difference being in the accessories). What’s worse is when you’re a celebrity at public event where you know you’re going to be photographed a zillion times, and the picture will be posted on every fashion website and magazine in the country.

That’s what happened to Jessica Simpson at the Accessories Council Excellence Awards in New York City on Nov. 5. She showed up wearing the same cheetah-print Michael Kors sheath dress as Debora Norville. And if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, both were presenters on stage, so you know everybody knew the two committed a fashion cardinal sin.

Personally, I’ve never been in that predicament, but if I was, I don’t know what I’ll do. Before selecting an outfit, I always run options in my head on ways to make it stand out. I always try to imagine how a non-fashion person would approach the dress, shirt, pants, etc. and try to do the opposite. But, if I were Jessica, I probably would have wanted to go straight home and change! I’m guessing she’ll now carry wardrobe options in her limo or towncar wherever she goes!

Although the Michael Kors dress can be purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue for a mere $957 (on sale from $1,595), you can get an animal print dress almost anywhere! This zebra-print wrap dress and leopard-print high-waist skirt from Express are great (and cheap) substitutes at under $100 each.


0 comments: