CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

My Steve Madden shoe obsession

Hello, my name is Kris, and I’m a shoe-aholic. I have more than 100 pairs of shoes in my closet, and I love every single one of my babies. My mantra is: You can never have too many pairs of shoes since in my opinion, the shoes always makes the outfit.

Right now, I’m obsessing over Steve Madden shoes. There are seven pairs that I am dying to own, and am trying to figure out which ones I should purchase first, or better yet, which ones does my closet need more.

First, there is “Madly,” which I’m madly in love with. The riding boot sensation has been around for a couple of seasons already, and by the looks of it, it doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere. I’ve been searching for the perfect riding boot for a while now, but haven’t seen anything I like. Most are just too plain and simple, while others feature a really weird heel. Then came “Madly.” With a round toe, perfect heel and a bow in the back, “Madly” is the best riding boot I’ve seen thus far.

So, obviously I’m going to buy them, but the tough question is: In what color? The shoe comes in more than eight colors, including black suede and leather, brown suede and leather, grey, navy and tan. The two colors I want are black and brown leather. However, I can’t decide on which to buy first. Everyone knows that black goes with everything, but I’m a brown kind of gal. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

However, went I went to go buy them, all the colors had only four sizes left: 4, 4.5, 10.5 and an 11.5. There had to be a glitch in the system for all the shoes to have those sizes. I was so pissed. I had a 15 percent off coupon and free shipping. Damn, guess I’ll just have to wait…





Or I can buy one of my other favorites. Like the 4-inch “Chap,” which embodies the true menswear-inspired trend. Similar to an oxford, this bootie is hot! In a variety of different colors, the “Chap” would look great with a sweater dress or jeans. I’d want the white leather with the black tip for $149. But, the ones I’d really want are the ones that I can customize, with their design-your-own workshop. I would take the already made black and white one, but add a patch of black to the backend of the shoe, just to give it that authentic oxford look. With a price of $169, I just might have to wait until I have extra cash.




With “Chap” pushed back on my list, I can possibly choose another bootie following with the menswear theme. The “Kate” is also a black and white, pointy-toe booty, but with a bow. Like the “Chaps,” these would go well with a dress or jeans. With a price of $129, these might be doable for my first “Steve Madden obsession” purchase.




If I really want a boot, I can go with my long time favorite, the “Feud,” which as been around since last fall. Waiting for them to drop in price (last year there were $169 and now they are $129), these boots are Victorian-inspired and ultra cute. With a 3-inch heel and intricate detail, “Feud” is a perfect boot for the fall. Too bad when I went to buy it in my size (I decided to go with grey on this one), they of course didn’t have my size.



However, I did find my size at Nordstrom, but for some strange reason they were $149 there. I don’t want to pay more, but if it’s my last resort, I just might have to cough up the extra $20.

My final resort is the “Lezlie,” but my dilemma here is that there are three different styles I want. First, there is the “Lezlie” in natural. This is a perfect brown peep-toe heel that would go perfect with all my brown clothes. Next, is “Lezlie” in navy. Now, I have blue heels, but not blue peep-toe heels. See the difference? Finally, I also desire the zebra print “Lezlie.” I have other animal print shoes, but no zebra. It would finish off my animal print collection (I think…).

Since all are priced at $100, I think these will be around for a while, so I want to find outfits for them first before I have to buy them.






So, which shoes should I ultimately get? All I know is that I will get all of them in due time…

2 comments:

stilettolover91 said...

The last three pairs are my favorite!! You should get all three of them!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Mangotatoes said...

thanks for the comment =]
i love those black and white booties <3